6.22.2009

Garlic Bread

It's still high in fat, and I do add a little bit of butter. Overall, though, it's delicious and marginally healthy. Plus... it's frickin garlic bread. I mean. Come on.

1/3 a loaf of french bread or baguette
2-5 cloves of garlic, pressed, minced or grated
1 tsp dried herbs
1 tbsp butter blend
1-2 tbsp olive oil
salt & pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 350, or leave it at 400 if you're already making lasagna rolls. Cut your bread in half lengthwise and set it on a size-appropriate length of tin foil. I say '1/3 a loaf' above because that's what Dactyl & I eat most of the time. You can increase the recipe for more people, or use a whole loaf at your discretion.

In a small bowl, mix together everything but the bread until it's a pretty uniform paste. For herbs, I use oregano, basil & marjoram, but if all you want is oregano, or if you have one of those 'italian herb blends' go for it. Using a butter knife, spread the butter mixture as well as you can on both halves of the bread... it'll be a cross between pouring and spreading. I also like to rub the halves together when I'm done with the knife, but that's kind of unnecessary.

Make cuts across the width for servings. Wrap the bread in the foil, then throw it in the oven for 15 minutes.

Picky Husband Info: This is, oddly, full of 'good' fat, though it's still a ton of calories, so I like to pair this with something like a salad rather than the forementioned lasagna rolls.

The Verdict: "Garlic... bread? You're feeding me garlic bread?! *dives in facefirst*" Make sure to make him brush his teeth, ew.

No comments:

Post a Comment