4.29.2009

The Boy With The Flowers

I've been thinking about getting back to blogging for a while. I missed the camaraderie, the creativity, the attention whoring. I thought about how I would do it... the colors, the typefaces, the graphics. How I would use peoples' names to try and pretend as though The Internet would never figure out who was who. I would post every day. I would take pictures every day.

And for months, I didn't do it. Even though I would do it every day, allegedly. Right.

Today a boy came to our door. Dactyl (my husband; the opposite of an anapest--I told you I'd put thought into this) answered the door. The boy told Dactyl that our blue flowers were beautiful and could he please have one? Dactyl said of course. The boy picked one and went on his merry way.

After he left I picked one for myself. I put it in a small glass jar of what used to be cumin. It is now on my desk.

And that's why I picked today to start. Because of a little boy and some blue flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment