5.15.2009

among the things 7th grade didn't teach me

I've been in a 'nesting' kind of mood for the past few days. Initially, I cooked a bit to satisfy it... Asian Pasta Salad yesterday, dough to make homemade pizzas today (recipe inc!). There's really nothing homier than cold noodles or getting your fingers into a squooshy dough.

However, now I'm going a little bit more crazy. I know, it's hard to tell. I've been looking at my windows and saying, 'ooh, I could make some awesome curtains.' Looking at my dining room table and saying, 'ooh, I can make some cute cushions for those chairs.' Or the couch, saying 'I could stencil some muslin and sew it together and make some awesome accent pillows!'

Now, ordinarily this wouldn't necessarily be all that crazy. ...okay, it would be a little bit crazy. But I personally am somewhat chronically unskilled as far as textiles go. I've hemmed plenty of pairs of pants, because were I to pay a tailor for every pair of pants in my wardrobe I would probably never buy pants again. The memory of 7th grade home ec, where I almost failed the class because I couldn't sew a BAG properly should jar me into thinking that PERHAPS drapes are outside my purview. And also, I don't have a sewing machine.

Pizza it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment